Human Resources Certificate Program
This program provides you with current information and a complete overview of human resource roles and responsibilities through interactive seminars covering fundamental workplace needs and issues, as well as preparing you with the fast-changing standards. Aimed for the new HR professionals, small business owners, office managers, department supervisors and others, you can take just those seminars that interest you, but for maximum benefit, complete the entire program to earn the Certificate of Completion in Managing Human Resources. Prior participants have also taken one or more modules in preparation for the PHR/SPHR tests as well as for continuing education credits following their certification.
The following courses are required to obtain a certificate of completion:
- SBPD1180 Human Resource Management in Action
- SBPD1181 The Legal Context of Human Resource Decisions
- SBPD1156 Effective Policies and Procedures/Workplace Communication
- SBPD1182 Recruiting and Staffing
- SBPD1183 Employee/Professional/Union Relations
- SBPD1184 Performance Management/Employee Learning and Development
- SBPD1185 Incentive and Pay Systems
- SBPD1186 Managing Careers
- SBPD1187 Diversity at Work
- SBPD1170 Improving Quality and Managing Change
Required Textbook Information
Purchase the following book before the start of this program – Managing Human Resources: Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profits, 10th edition by Wayne Cascio, ISBN-10: 0078112958 or ISBN-13: 978-0078112959. Students may purchase a used or paperback copy of the required textbook. The book is used for the entire program.
Lee Joyce, MPA, CSSBB and Lean Sensei, a former GE Human Resources Manager, is President of Busy Associates, an international consulting firm improving individual, team, and organizational performance.