Effective Management Skills for Today's Workplace
In our 'not-quite-Post-Pandemic' world, managers and supervisors need to approach new workplace challenges with fresh thinking and a steadiness that others can count on. No leader is going to fully succeed utilizing the skill-set they obtained Pre-Pandemic. Understanding that workplace needs have changed, NECC is proud to introduce our new Effective Management Skills for Today’s Workplace 10-week certificate program.
Managing and supervising in today’s workplace will now require:
- deeper empathy,
- well-developed self-awareness, and
- an energy level that brings employees together for a common purpose
Engaging new employees, while re-engaging an existing workforce, and deciding how employee safety and well-being will be re-built for these times are only two of the many opportunities for current and near-future leaders to pioneer.
Classes will cover (but are not limited to) the following topics:
- Increasing your self-awareness
- Deepening and expressing empathy that employees feel and appreciate
- The supervisor is a leader
- Leading the work team
- Delegation and performance feedback
- Managing personnel issues
- Creating a climate for motivation and positive work relationship
- Facilitating innovation and problem solving in a hybrid work setting
- AND MUCH MORE!
This program is designed for:
- New Supervisors / Managers
- Employees who desire a supervisory role
- Employees new to managing people
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
If you are looking to enhance your supervisory / managerial skills and advance your career, this program is for you!
The following courses are required to earn the certificate of completion.
- Adjusting to the ‘Nearly-Post-Pandemic’ Workplace (and introduction to the program)
- A Supervisor/Manager Must also Be a Leader
- How to Build a ‘Start with Why’ Culture with Those You Lead
- Building Essential Planning, Organizing & Administrative Skills
- Developing & Utilizing Emotional Intelligence
- Modern Performance Management Involves These ‘Big Five: “Mentoring, Coaching, Counseling Delegation & Performance Feedback”
- “Building, Maintaining & Repairing Trust” with Your Team
- Building a Motivated & Positive Work Team
- Effective Conflict Management in the Workplace
- The Leader as an Excellent Communicator (and steps to keep developing as a supervisor)
*NOTE: For online classes, the Zoom link will be sent out the day of the class by the instructor.*
Jeff Davis is a results-oriented senior learning consultant, with a background in Professional Development Program Design & Mgmt. He has been fortunate to work across the private, public and non-profit sectors. His clients describe him as an enthusiastic resource; offering practical competency-building, maximizing the talent and capabilities of employees at every level.
His 'sweet spot' is equipping front line supervisors and mid-level managers, as they deal with the daily challenge of operationalizing strategy into tactical execution. There are so many 'leadership moments' for front line supervisors and mid-level managers. His role is often to train and coach them with an 'inside out' leadership development model.
If you are interested in this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!