Home Inspection Licensure Preparation Certificate Program
Discover the growing field of Home Inspection. These Ma/NH Board approved courses will help you prepare for the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE) that is required for Home Inspector licensing in NH, MA, and other states throughout the country. All 10 Core courses must be successfully completed in order to earn the Home Inspector Preparation Program Certificate of Completion required in New Hampshire & Mass. This program complies with both State of New Hampshire and Massachusetts home inspection Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. This comprehensive program will taught by an experienced home inspector and is based on New Hampshire, Massachusetts, InterNachi, and ASHI standards of practice and code of ethics. Students are assessed using both attendance record which are logged at each class session as well as quizzes and exams in each course.
Students must take the following courses to earn a certificate of completion;
- HMIN3003 Massachusetts Regulations 266 CMR, 2 weeks (6 hours)
- HMIN1018 Structures, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN1023 Electrical, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN3005 Roofing, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN3004 Ethics and Contact Law, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN3001 Exterior Cladding, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN3002 Foundations (Masonry), 2 weeks (6 hours)
- HMIN3000 Pools & Spas, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN1017 Plumbing, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN1019 Heating & Cooling, 3 weeks (9 hours)
- HMIN1021 Report writing, 1 day (6 hours)
Instructor: Jesse Stufflebeam; experienced NACHI and ASHI “Certified Home Inspector”, real estate agent and pre-licensing educator, owner of Xtra Mile Home Inspection Services of Nashua NH. Awarded the Best of Nashua in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Recipient of the 2018 Hall of Fame Award for being the Best Home Inspection Company in Nashua, NH. Retired US Marine Corps Master Sergeant (E8).
While there may be additional textbooks that students must purchase for program courses, students must purchase the following texts for use or reference in all program courses with the exception of the Home Inspection Overview Course:
- Structural Systems and Business Volume 2 ISBN: 978-0-9964518-2-6. Students can purchase the book from LuLu.com
- Mechanical Systems and NHIE Content Volume 1 ISBN: 978-0-9964518-3-3.
Important Program Notes
* Courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. Every reasonable effort is made to notify students by phone as soon as the decision is made. There must be a minimum of 6 students enrolled in each Home Inspection class for it to run. Please register early, as the decision to run the course needs to be made 7 days in advance.
Home Inspection classes are held on the Haverhill Campus, Building B, room 303